The weather looks perfect for the “Under the Silver Moon” Lantern Parade in downtown Cary this Saturday, January 14th at 6pm. This event is a collaboration between A River of Light and the Town of Cary as part of their GLOW 2023 outdoor exhibit. Over the past three months internationally-renowned visual teaching-artist Gowri Savoor hosted a series of lantern making workshops for residents to help them create beautiful lanterns. This weekend they will be put to use as the community comes together on a perfect winter evening to parade from the Herbert Community Center to Cary Town Hall (approximately 15 minute walk). The event will include live music from the Bulltown Strutters as well as a drum circle by OneTribe Rythms and fire dancing by Caroleeena’s Circle of Joy.
This event is FREE & family friendly, everyone is welcome (except our furry friends please, they’ll have more fun at home).
Additional Event Details:
– Free parking is available in the multi-story parking garage right opposite the community center.
– Arrive at 6pm and take your place in line, or line the parade route.
– Hot drinks & baked goods will be available for purchase from Buzzy Bakes Bakeshop food truck.
– The event will conclube by 7.30pm at the latest.
– You do not need a lantern to walk in the parade or join in the fun, but if you have a lantern, please bring it along!
If you want to make a latern to parade with here is a great instructional video by Gowri Savoor on how to make one at home.