A great new food truck is coming to the Triangle but they need your support. The Dump Pho King Truck will be a Raleigh based truck that specializes in authentic Asian food, with a healthy serving of humor. They have launched a kickstarter campaign to retrofit the FedEx fleet truck they purchased to start their mobile food business. Several pop-up tastings are also planned in the coming weeks to give you chance to try their culinary delights.
“Two Girls, One Truck. Our Dump Pho King journey to merge our American dreams and Asian stomachs. Here’s to celebrating our inner fat kid, giving back to the city that we love, and having a blast while doing it.” ~ Sunny & Sophia
Their specialties are Dumplings and Pho, but the main goal of Sunny and Sophia, the dreamers and chefs behind this new gourmet food truck, is to source locally, give back to our community and have a sense of humor while doing it. Check out some of the planned menu for the Dump Pho King Truck below:
- Vietnamese Carpaccio: (Bò Tái Chanh) – Moo!
- Korean BBQ Tacos: AKA “thebomb.com”
- Spicy Garlic Eggplant: Veggie/Vegan friendly
- Spring Onion Pancakes: Taiwanese street food at its best.
- Pork and Chive Dumplings:Traditional as heck
- Shiitake Mushroom and Ginger Dumplings: Veggie/Vegan Friendly
- Vietnamese Beef Pho: Asian Windex – Cures everything.
- Vietnamese Chicken Pho: Lighter than the beef
- Passionfruit Green Tea
- Guava Grapefruit Fizz
- Traditional Taiwanese Milk Tea (with or without bubbles)
Don’t miss your chance to sample some of their menu items at their upcoming tasting events. The first event will be at FullSteam Brewery in Durham on Saturday 12/28 at 4:30pm. See the flyer below for additional pop-up dates!