Christmas events like the 2015 Raleigh Christmas Parade and the North Hills tree lighting are set to kick off this Saturday (Nov. 21st). So once again I’d share my annual list of events in the Triangle for the 2015 holiday season. If you have any to add to the list please leave a comment below or shoot me and email and I will do my best to add it to the list. Happy Holidays!!
- Raleigh Christmas Parade – Nov. 21nd
- Mini Parade with Santa & the Bulltown Strutters – Nov. 21st
- Apex Christmas Parade – Dec. 5th
- Durham Parkwood Christmas Parade – Dec. 5th
- Garner Christmas Parade – Dec. 5th
- Hillsborough Holiday Parade – Dec. 5th
- Knightdale Christmas Parade – Dec. 5th
- Fuquay-Varina Christmas Parade – Dec. 7th
- Pittsboro Christmas Parade – Dec. 13th
- Cary Christmas Parade – Dec. 12th
- Holly Springs Christmas Parade – Dec. 12th
- Chapel Hill / Carrboro Holiday Parade – Dec. 12th
- Wake Forest Christmas Parade – Dec. 12th
- Clayton Christmas Parade – Dec. 12th
- Waverly Place Cary Tree Lighting – Nov. 2oth
- North Hills Tree Lighting – Nov. 21st
- Chapel Hill Community Tree Lighting – Nov. 29th
- Clayton’s Live Village and Tree Lighting – Dec. 3rd
- Fuquay Varina Tree Lighting & Sleigh Rides – Dec. 3rd
- Garner’s “Light up on Main” – Dec. 4th
- Knightdale Tree Lighting – Dec. 4th
- Lighting of Wake Forest – Dec. 4th
- Apex Tree Lighting – Dec. 4th
- Hillsborough Tree Lighting Ceremony – Dec. 5th
- American Tobacco Campus Lucky Strike Tower Lighting – Dec. 4th
- Raleigh City-Plaza Winterfest & Tree Lighting – Dec. 5th
- Cary Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – Dec. 5th
- State Capital Tree Lighting – Dec. 10th
- Holly Springs Tree Lighting – Dec. 11th
Holiday Concerts & Historic Home Tours
There are several other events like Christmas concerts, performances of classics like ‘The Nutcracker’ and ‘A Christmas Carol’ and historic home tours scheduled throughout the month December. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Holiday Pops w/ NC Symphony – Meymandi Hall Nov. 27 – 28th
- Carolina Ballet Nutcracker – Chapel Hill Dec. 5 – 6th
- Triangle Brass Band Holiday Concert – Hayes Barton Church Dec. 12th
- Historic Oakwood Candlelight Tour – Dec. 12 – 13th
- Carolina Ballet Nutcracker – Durham Dec. 12 – 13th
- Raleigh Ringers Holiday Concert – Meymandi Hall Dec. 13 – 14th
- Carolina Ballet Nutcracker – Raleigh Dec. 19 – 27th
- Durham Community Band Holiday Concert – Northgate Mall Dec. 12th
- A Christmas Carol – Durham Dec. 17 – 20th.
I also recommend a visit to the Angus Barn in Raleigh. Even if you don’t go to eat a trip to the Wild Turkey Lounge upstairs is worth the trip. The restaurant has beautiful Christmas decorations and if your lucky you might catch a piano player on Friday and Saturday nights playing holiday songs by the bar.
One other event I want to mention is making the trip to Wilmington to visit the Enchanted Airlie Gardens. It’s a nice day trip from the Triangle. Visitors enjoy a 1/2 milestroll through the gardens, on a self-guided walking tour while enjoying spectacular array of lights and holiday displays. Tour dates are November 27th & 28th and December: 4th-6th, 10th-13th, 16th-22nd. Purchase tickets here.
3 responses to “Triangle Christmas Parades & Tree Lighting Events ~ 2015”
Nothing listed for Hanukkah events?
So excited that it’s the holiday season again! This is a nice post too… if you live near Raleigh be sure to get out and enjoy the season at these events!
Your Fuquay Christmas events info is wrong- it’s 2014 info