Now that the spring & summer concert season is upon I thought now would be a good time to share my annual list of free and low cost music series around the Triangle. Things kick off this weekend with the North Hills Midtown Music Fest on Saturday, April 30th. If I missed any music events below feel free to let me know in the comment section.
- Beach Music at North Hills
Beach Music series Thursday nights April 21st through August 11th.
- Bluegrass at Midtown Park
Sunday afternoon bluegrass at North Hills Midtown Park May 15th and Sept 18th.
- Oak City 7
Tribute bands in City Plaza multiple Thursdays May through August.
- Pickin’ in the Plaza
Bluegrass Music in City Plaza multiple Thursdays June through August.
- Triangle Town Center Creekside Wind Down (details coming soon)
Music & Food Trucks each Friday starting May 20th through August 5th
- Music on the Lawn at American Tobacco Campus
Select Fridays May through September under the Lucky Strike Tower.
- Brightleaf Square Summer Concerts
In the courtyard Fridays 7-9pm May through September
- Durham Central Park Warehouse Blues Series
Kicking off July 8th with four Fridays of live BLUES concerts and more.
- Blues on the Plaza at Northgate Mall
Each Friday in May 6:30-9pm live music, food, dancing, and local craft beer.
- Live & Local Music & Art Series
Music and Art on West Franklin Plaza every Friday April 10th through June 19th.
- Carolina Inn Music on the Porch
Every Friday April 24th through October 23rd on the Porch at Carolina Inn.
- Meadowmount Music in the Village & Gazebo
Live music featured weekly in the village or gazebo May through October.
- After Hours Music on the Lawn
Every Thursday night at Weaver Street Market from 6-8pm beginning May 19th.
- Sunday Morning Jazz Brunch
Every Sunday 11am-1pm at Weaver Street Market beginning May 15th.
- Hob Nob Jazz Concert Series at Booth Amphitheater
Weekly jazz series Wednesday nights May through early June. Just $5 for adults.
- Sertoma Series at Cary Bond Park
Music at Bond Park on multiple weekends May through July.
- Wind Down Wednesday Concert Series at Waverly Place
Live music Wednesdays June through July.
- Pinecone Bluegrass in Cary
Live bluegrass in Bond Park May through August.
- Downtown Cary Food and Flea
Artisans, Food truck & Music 2nd Sunday of each month from 12:00 to 4:00 pm.
- Apex Music in the Park Series
Held at the spacious new Apex Nature Park Amphitheatre May through September.
- Clayton Town Square Concert Series
Held on Main Street every month from May through September.
- Last Fridays in Hillsborough
Music on the Courthouse lawn last Friday of the month April through September.
- Six Sundays Concerts in E Carroll Joyner Park
Concerts on consecutive Sundays from April 24 through May 29.
- PineCone Bluegrass Series in Wake Forest
Free bluegrass concerts E Carroll Joyner Park May 29th, August 7th, & Sept 4th.
- Friday Night on White
The second Friday of the month between April and September
- Saturdays in Saxapahaw
Music & market every Saturday May through August 5-8pm.
- First Sunday Market
Handmade crafts and music every first Sunday March through Dec. 12-4 pm
- Bynum Front Porch Music Series
Performances each friday 7-9om April through September.
2 responses to “Free Spring & Summer Concerts ~ 2016”
Love the list! Just wanted to let you know about another Wake Forest concert series called Friday Night on White. It’s happening the second Friday of the month between April and September. Here’s the link: http://www.wakeforestnc.gov/friday-night-on-white.aspx
Thanks Will! I will add that now!