Susan G. Komen Triangle Race for the Cure 5K Run / Walk – June 11th

Komen1

The only thing better than a fun race is a fun race that supports a great cause. The 20th Annual Susan G. Komen North Carolina Triangle Race for the Cure 5K Run/Walk will be held on June 11th at The Frontier in RTP. The event raises significant funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. There several options to run: competitive, recreational, or kids fun run. After the race from 9:30am-1:30pm racers and the public can enjoy the Belk Tailgate Zone, which includes a food truck rodeo of about 12 food trucks and a beer garden with 3 local breweries.

Komen2

Photo courtesy Susan G. Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast

The organizers of the race have provided a special discount code (KOMEN2016) which you can use to save $5 off the race registration fees. Visit the official race website to register here.

Official Race details:

  • Date: June 11, 2016
  • Competitive race begins at 7:30 AM
  • Survivor Celebration begins at 8:15 AM
  • Recreational Race begins at 9:00 AM
  • Belk Tailgate Zone (post-race: starts approx. 9:30am)
  • Register Here: http://goo.gl/um1FO2

The 20th anniversary celebration will feature an inspirational Survivor Celebration – to honor those who have battled breast cancer and remember those who have lost their lives to this disease. The event will also feature the Belk Tailgate Zone that will allow for easy pre-race gathering and after-race fun with an expanded Food Truck Rodeo.

Food Trucks:

  • FRESH Local Ice Cream
  • Sarges Chef
  • Frozen Lemonade
  • D’burriots
  • Two Roosters Homemade ice cream
  • Sweet Traditions Cupcakes
  • Baguettaboutit
  • Cousin’s Maine Lobster
  • Baozi
  • Foodstans
  • Chirba Chirba
  • Bull City Street Food

Breweries (beer garden):

  • Carolina Brewery
  • Nickelpoint Brewery
  • Fortnight Brewery
Komen3

Photo courtesy Susan G. Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast

This race is locally presented by the Duke Cancer Institute and has a goal of raising  1 million dollars so that the organization can keep providing our local community with the resources they need to survive breast cancer and get the best treatment possible. 100& of the net proceeds are allocated to this mission. 75 percent of the net funds raised are donated to vital local breast health services, and the remaining 25 percent is dedicated to national research to find the cures. This year alone it is estimated that among U.S. women there will be 246,660 new cases of invasive breast cancer and 40,450 breast cancer deaths. Any support through registration and donations will help the local affiliate to reach their goal and help the men and women who greatly need their help in this community. For more details visit the the http://komennctc.org.

 

 

Advertisements

6 Comments

Filed under Events

6 responses to “Susan G. Komen Triangle Race for the Cure 5K Run / Walk – June 11th

  1. Julie Farmer

    Looking forward to the event. Just tried the discount code to no avail – KOMEN2016. Recieved error: The discount code is not valid.

    • Thanks for letting me know. I will contact organizer to find out what the issue is.

    • Komen NCTC

      Hi!

      If you have any issues with the code please call the Komen NCTC office at 9194932873.

      The code has to be in bold caps and one word. We have tested it and it has worked for others. I am so sorry that it is not working for you and we would be happy to help fix any problems occurring.

      Thanks,

      Komen NCTC

  2. I will immediately snatch your rss as I can’t to find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Kindly let me know so that I may subscribe.
    Thanks.

  3. As being a download free for Android and iOS system s, this application can be acquired.
    Premium account might be compensated regular or yearly to enjoy
    checking that was advanced.

  4. Window movie serves as a firewall defending you towards damaging rays and at the similar time, beautifies your private home.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s