Like Bluegrass Music? Well downtown Raleigh will be jumping with it when the Wide Open Bluegrass Festival Returns to Fayetteville Street this fall the weekend of October 3-4th.The World of Bluegrass event consists of four parts:
1) IBMA Business Conference, September 30 – October 2
2) 25th Annual International Bluegrass Music Awards
3) Wide Open Bluegrass Music Festival (includes both free & ticketed performances) 4) Bluegrass Ramble – An innovative series of showcases
Wide Open Bluegrass Festival: Oct 3rd and 4th
The Free portion of the festival will include 50+ bands, three music stages, a dance tent, vendors, concessions, youth performances and activities. Performers include a broad mix of local, national, and international talent.
Those wishing to obtain tickets for the ticketed portion of the festival (which takes place at Red Hat Amphitheater and Raleigh Convention Center Ballroom Stages), Bluegrass Ramble Showcase passes, conference registration, Award Show tickets and hotel reservations should go to IBMA’s website, www.ibma.org.
Bluegrass Ramble: Sept 30th – Oct 2nd
IBMA has also announced the artists selected for the Bluegrass Ramble, an
innovative series of showcases that will take place at select venues throughout
downtown Raleigh. A total of 30 showcase slots will feature emerging talent capable and willing to broaden the bluegrass market, established bands that are introducing substantial changes to their act and artists that have released significant new recorded material. Here is a link to the Ramble lineup
The Bluegrass Ramble showcases will be held in the following venues:
• Kings: 14 W. Martin Street
• Lincoln Theatre: 430 S. Dawson Street
• Pour House Music Hall: 224 S. Blount Street
• Raleigh Convention Center
• Tir Na Nog: 218 S. Blount Street
• The Architect Bar & Social House: 108 ½ E. Hargett Street
• Vintage Church: 117 S West Street
The Bluegrass Ramble is a Ticketed Event
Admission to the Bluegrass Ramble is available to both IBMA Business Conference attendees (with ID) and to the general public via Bluegrass Ramble showcase wristbands. Buy tickets here.